Here are step-by-step instructions for completing Mission 9: Operation: Spy & Seek on Club Penguin.
MISSION 9: OPERATION: SPY & SEEK
1. Talk with Gary the Gadget Guy.
He asks you to gather intelligence on Herbert P. Bear’s whereabouts and find out as much as possible about his plans.
Gary’s plan is to place three tracking devices across the island, which should help locate the problematic polar bear.
You have to do some work on the devices to get them ready, and then you can install them.
Gary marked with a red X on your map the best locations to install the devices.
2. Put the three tracking devices, the yellow duck, and the plans for the kite on the wall in your inventory (marked with red arrows, below).
3. Using your Spy Phone, teleport to the Ski Lodge.
4. Talk to the two penguins at the Find Four game. (This is my favorite game!)
They are missing game pieces.
5. Tell them you will keep an eye out for the missing pieces.
6. Collect the missing game pieces:
- On the first rung of the ladder up to the Lodge Attic.
- On the stool beneath the telephone.
- On the windowsill.
- Between the chimney and the rocking horse, in the Lodge Attic.
- On the table by the typewriter, in the Lodge Attic.
- On the table by the phonograph, in the Lodge Attic.
- On the crate by the lamp, in the Lodge Attic.
- On the crate between the couches, in the Lodge Attic.
7. While you are in the Lodge Attic, pick up the piece of string sticking out from under the rug and put it in your inventory.
8. Go back downstairs, and give the game pieces to the penguins.
9. Teleport to the Forest, pick up the sticks on the snow, and put them in your inventory.
10. Teleport to the Ski Hill.
11. In your inventory, put the kite plans on the sticks on then put that on the string to make a kite.
12. In your inventory, put the kite on a tracking device.
13. Put the kite-tracking device on the pole.
14. Teleport to the Plaza, and talk with the two penguins.
The red puffle, Ed McCool, demonstrates puffle bowling. The blue puffle, Destructo, looks alarmed.
Next, the blue puffle blows a bubble, which bursts, getting gum everywhere.
The two penguins ask for your help.
15. Tell them, sure, you’d be happy to help.
16. Click the gum stretched between the two penguins to free them.
17. Ask if you can take the gum.
18. Put the wad of gum in your inventory.
19. Teleport to the Dock, and talk to the green penguin working on the boat.
20. Offer to help.
21. Grab the wooden handle of the starter cord, and give it a pull to start the motor.
22. Ask if you can borrow the bicycle tire pump.
23. Put the air pump in your inventory.
24. Teleport to the Iceberg.
25. In your inventory, put the gum on the duck to patch the hole and then use the pump on the duck.
26. Grab the pump’s handle, and pump air into the duck.
27. Click the inflated duck on a transmitter in your inventory.
28. From your inventory, click the duck-transmitter and put it in the water, to the right of the outcropping of ice.
29. Teleport to the Mine Shack, and talk to the penguin on the roof about the mine track and cart.
Rory says he has to first make some repairs.
30. Ask if there is anyway you can help.
He asks if you can fix the troughs on the shack.
31. To get started, click the troughs on the right side of the shack.
32. To fix the trough, click and drag the beams of wood to rearrange them so the trough can tilt down to the left. (See below for how to arrange the beams.)
33. Once you have the beams arranged, click the left side of trough and pull it down.
34. Talk to the penguin again, and offer to fix the mine cart.
35. Click the tipped-over cart to set it back on the track.
36. Click the welding gear.
37. Click and hold the welding torch over the cracks to fix them.
Have fun welding. Spell you name with the welding torch!
38. Put the last transmitter into the cart, and then click the cart to send it down the mine.
G calls you on your spy phone.
39. Talk to G, and then report back to HQ.
40. Talk to G.
He gives you the Binoculars 3000.
41. Put the Binoculars 3000 in your inventory.
42. Teleport to the Ski Lodge, and go through the Gone Fishing door.
43. In your inventory, click the Binoculars 3000, and then click the far side of the ice pond.
You see Herbert with Klutzy, trying to start a fire.
Your spy phone rings.
44. Talk to G.
He tells you to go across the pond and attach the binoculars to the spy phone.
45. Cross the pond.
You are in Herbert’s chaotic camp. If you click the blue drawing, you will see a puzzling message.
46. Grab the spy phone on the snow, and combine it with the Binoculars 3000 in your inventory.
47. Go to the left, clicking trees till you receive a message that says “This tree is just perfect for the camera.“
48. From your inventory, put the surveillance binoculars/phone in the tree.
Your spy phone rings again, and G says the binoculars/phone is transmitting.
49. Teleport back to HQ, talk with G, and then observe Herbert.
50. Be sure to collect your medal and gift.
Did I miss anything?
If you want to see how to do other secret agent missions, go to our Mission Guide page: https://abominablegovernment.wordpress.com/psa-mission-guides/.
Note: The two puffles you meet in the Plaza are named Ed McCool (the red one who bowls) and Destructo (the blue one who chews gum).